Sunday, March 15, 2009

Working Space

Since my living arrangements are temporary, I've been using temporary workspace. I've been sitting on the bed or floor to use the laptop, and have been using the floor or a metal tv tray for a working surface while beading. Surprisingly, I haven't been doing much beading.

I'd thought about rearranging a bit, and trying to reclaim some space, but kept putting it off with the excuse that I wouldn't be here long. Well, it's been 2 and a half months. I still hope that I won't be here much longer, but it's hard to know with the economy. I think I was a little afraid that if I sort of settled, that it would mean that I was accepting it as more than a stopping point. In the end, though, comfort won out. It's too hard to try to do job applications, practice new computer applications and software, update a website, do bead loomwork, etc, etc without a work surface that's a bit larger and more stable than a lap or a metal tv tray. So, with a bit of rearranging and the repurposing of a table stored in the basement, the temporary room now has a decent work area.
I'm hoping that a decent work surface leads to some decent work. I've had a couple beading projects in mind. Now I have a place to move them from thought to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment