Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beads and Doodling

This is one of the pieces I played with on the bead loom. Instead of weaving the ends in, I could twist the wire together and shape it. I wasn't sure what it wanted to be at first, but it needed a loop on top. I think it will become a pendant, but that's not set in stone, either.

This is another view of the same piece, but on a lighter background.

Friday was so nice that I went for a walk with my mom. We walked a nature trail at a local lake. I loved this tree. It's a tangle of trees that sprawls out all over. It looks like it should be protecting a hobbit or two.
This is a photo of the lake ice. I liked the shading of whites, greys, blues. I'd like to use the colors for a bracelet. Now to find a place to buy beads - or I'll have to resort to ordering online.

This is a cuff bracelet I made as a gift. I'm thinking something similar to this, though, using the lake ice colors instead of the purples.
I've still been focused on the job search, and trying to find creative ways of approaching that task while keeping myself open. I was doodling, and wrote a piece of one of my favorite Mary Oliver poems around the page. The inside was empty, but I added the heart, and then found the letters for open on a paper bag. Gluing down the letters felt a little surreptitious, like I was creating a ransom note to my heart. I might have to prop it up somewhere, as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment